BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 22, 2011

For The Love of The Benjamins

I seen an old friend of mine, with bags full of trinkets for her daughters 4th birthday party. The hand that carried the heaviest bag also carried a wedding band. It amazed me. We are here in our 24th year of life, yet she has what people search FOREVER for. Im still not sure how that made me feel. I wiped a tear from my eye shortly after we parted ways. I know I was happy for her. That I know. I was there in the waiting room when she found out she was pregnant, and I remember when she told me about the proposal. I was there through the darker days too. I think that's what gets to me. I remember thinking, "that could never be me," and now all I can say is "I wish it was."

A young woman in pursuit of happiness, which equates to "life, love, and laughter," yet my finger is empty and Im chasing a dream. Hmm, that last sentence didnt sound THAT bad at all. I know that at this point in my life, Ive figured out how to laugh, Ive figured out who I want to love, and Im learning how I want to live. This post is on the heels of this eye opener, thats why it started out emotional but ends optimistically. I am where I should be..This post is dedicated to Benjamin family. Happy for your journey, hope it goes on forever, and Im honored to be able to see this much of it.

0 comments: